Monday, January 10, 2005

What a day!

Had a small Birthday party on 08Jan'05, last Saturday. Boy, was it tiring!

My day started at 8am in the morning with my mom banging my bedroom door. And i went back to sleep after responding her.. But knowing that i have something very important to do, me have no other choice but to wake up and go marketing with my mom..

Marketing with my mom was fine, she paid for the food and me helped her carried. We even bought breakfast and the whole trip lasted less than 1 hour.

We went home and my mom immediately sprung into action! She cleaned and boiled the chicken parts for the soup. It may seems easy cleaning the chicken parts but the fact is, she took an hour to clean the parts thoroughly which are inedible. After that, she left the house for Batam for some business trip with her friend.

As for me, i stayed in the kitchen cleaning, cutting and marinating the food i bought. By 1.30pm, my back was aching, my fingers were all 'pruney' and 'spicy' and my legs were aching with all the standing! Couldn't take the torture anymore, i jumped onto my bed and 'concus' for the rest of the afternoon.

As time drew nearer to the dinner, some of the invited guests couldn't make it for the dinner. Suzanah's mom was hospitalized, Anne was down with fever and Evon thought she was scheduled to work in the morning but in fact she was scheduled for the afternoon shift. Haizzz....

Other than that, many of the invited guests arrived and queued for the dinner. You see, my dining table is so small that it can only contain 6 people per round. So everyone took turns to eat and half way through the dinner, i realised that there weren't enough food! Therefore, Joel had to make a trip down to the nearest supermarket to buy some more food to top up. The dinner went well except for a few issues i had with my brother.. Other than that, everyone seems happy and full.. I think.. :p

Thank you for those who attended the dinner and to those who couldn't but sent their blessings.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home