Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My disappearing act..

Was extremely ill last Tuesday (05April2005).. In case you guys notice, i haven't been online for the past whole week!

I was on half day leave that day, to go for 2 interviews scheduled in town. After my interview, i went to meet up Suz who's working nearby. I was having a mild sore throat then and it didn't seem to bother me much.. So we met up with Joel and were having dinner when i suddenly lost my appetite.. Well, that didn't stop me from picking up my 3230!!! ^.^

Yes... The new almighty Nokia 3230!!! I waited 3 f**king months for it!

Then Joel's brother came along and decided to go for the same model.. So we hung around the shop longer.. Feeling weird, me walked to and fro not knowing why am i doing so..

My hand came and slapped myself on my forehead.

"Jaime, you feel warm. Think you falling sick soon..." I said to myself. At that point of time, it never occur to me that i WILL BE THAT SICK!!!!

After Joel's brother bought that phone, me and Joel went home. On my home way in a cab, i feel really really sick.. By the time i reached home, i'm exhausted!

1.36am.. I woke up feeling cold and was shivering badly... Very badly i must say, like a drug addict going through cold turkey...! Never had such chills before. Measured my temperature and i had a shock! 39 degrees celsius!!!! Oh my goodness!! I nearly faint..

Wanted badly to call Joel to send me to Doctor but recalling back.. 'Shit, i just spent $150 upgrading my phone! Well, what the hack! I can survive the night with some ice on me forehead! See a Doctor tomorrow morning instead.'

Well, i did. I went to collect my cold pack, put some ice and drop dead on my bed. The night was horrible! My temperature never drop below 38.5 and it kept maintaining at 39! Imagine my aircon was off, my fan was turned on at its minimal speed with no windows open.. The stale air of sickness infest my room and i could smell death in the air!

Talking to myself, 'Dear God, you're not doing this to me now... I just bought my phone!Arghhhh..'

The next morning, Joel came and sent me to the Doctor. With 3days MC and loads of drowsy medicine, i rushed home, took my porridge and sprung to my bed to rest..

My fever continue to rampage my brain for the next 2 days and finally, it was subdued 3 days later with a flu and a very phlegm-y cough!

I was confined at home the whole time for the whole 5 days! It was a very drowsy stay home confinement.. 3 of the 5 medicine that i took was for drowsiness.. Can you imagine how thirsty i was?? I drowned myself in bottles of water and still, amazingly there wasn't any trace of water to be found in my mouth!

Anyway, i'm on the road of recovery and i'm glad i'm not dumb because of the fever! :p

2 Comments:

Blogger 07sept said...

weeeee haaaaaaa
jaime has won the battle
lol...
all ur sickness gone liao...

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you're ok.i remember when i was younger, i had a raging fever 40+ degrees to the point my mother told me i was talking to someone when there wasn't anyone around.

I was having hallucinations. And it really freaked me out, because my parents knew a couple who had a kid that had the exact same thing, a raging fever 40+ that permanently fucked her brain up. that kid is now perma-retarded.

Really, thank God i recovered and am stii normal :)

Danny

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home