Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bronchitis..

Me came down with a fever last Thursday (04/08).. Again.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!", i said to myself. Took a panadol and slept the night away.

Friday (05/08) morning.. Fever, blocked left nose, sore throat.. Darn! Went to see doctor, took my medication and slept the day away..

Saturday (06/08).. Pain... Pain... I'm experiencing chest pain.. Thinking it was just the medication, me slept my weekend afternoon away without any lunch, hoping i can go Zouk later in the evening. Packed my stuffs and went to Joel's place. By the time i reached Joel's place, me was shagged, giddy.. Took my medicine and slept my weekend away! *Arrggghhhh*

Sunday (07/08)... More Pain.. Pain... Pain everywhere! My chest, my ribs area... Me and Joel went Parkway Parade and happen to chance upon Chonglip at Courts working there for just a day.

Monday (08/08)... Unbearable PAIN!! Went to work with complaints about the chest pain.. And my blocked left nose has become runny nose. Full blockage! Sore throat producing phelgmy cough! Wa... Best way to start the holidays!

Joel: "Dear, we will go to the hospital to see doctor about your chest pain.."

Me: "Huh?!! No la.. So expensive. Go to a clinic will do.."

Went to see the doctor i frequented when i was staying at Siglap. It had been 5 long years since i last stepped in. The atmosphere of the clinic is still the same. Same staffs, same decor, same doctor on duty..

Dr Pang: "Hi... Wow, it has been 5 years since you visited me.." (Looking at the medical profile)

Me: "Yes.. Me shifted to Woodlands.." (Answering with a smile and a very bad phlegmy cough)

Dr Pang: "That sound really bad.. What's wrong?"

Me: "Had a fever on last Thurday, went to see doctor on Friday, Chest pain on Saturday, more chest pain on Sunday and today..."

Dr Pang: "Chest pain? Where?"

Me: "Here, here, here and here... Is it the medicine i took?"

Dr Pang conducted a very caution examination. In the room, you can only hear my breathing.. Inhale, exhale... Inhale, exhale...

Dr Pang: "Well, Jaime.. You're still having fever and you have bronchitis.. And I hear some very disturbing noise at your lungs.. It could be Pneumonia.. I need to put you on medication and i need you to come back on Wednesday (10/08) for a review.. To see whether is there a need to go for X-Ray for your chest."

Me: "Huh?!!!!!!!!! Huh?!"

Bronchitis?!!! How did i get it?! Pneumonia?! But i feel okay.. I don't feel like i'm having fever even though Dr Pang tested my temperature on both ears and it showed 37.9C and 38.1C..

And i was sent home to rest with strict orders from Dr Pang.

Darn it! No lime juice, orange juice, milk, diary products, cold drinks and chocolate!

I rested as much as i can, slept as much as i can, drank as much water as i can, watched as much TV as i can. In another word, i'm always on Joel's bed.

Wednesday (10/08) morning, i went to see Dr Pang.. I feel much better.. I no longer have chest pain, my cough is not that violent, my nose is not that runny anymore.

Dr Pang once again examined me very carefully. The room once again can only hear my breathing... Inhale, exhale..

Dr Pang: "Very good, Jaime. I don't hear anymore disturbing noise coming from your lungs. You have a clean bill of health.."

Me: "Really?!" (Chocolate and alot of my favourite goodies were in my mind at that point of time)

Dr Pang: "Although you recovered, bronchities will need some time to fully recover. So.. I will increase your dose of antibiotics to 2 more days and gradually, your phlegm will go away after a few more dose of cough medicine.. And eat payaya to clear your phlegm."

PAYAYA?!! Good for clearing phlegm.. Hmmmm... Learn something new!

Darn it.. No chocolate for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home