Saturday, July 14, 2007

2 bosses, 2 postions and 1 salary.

As most of you know, i haven't been doing much at work since Aug06. After many emotion and mental struggles, countless of prayers, God blessed me with another posititon at Zuji! A position that will keep my rice bowl no matter what happens to Blue Holidays.

You see.. When i 1st started, me and my buddy, Voon were hired exclusively for Blue Holidays, a Virgin Blue (Australia's domestic airlines, a part of Vigin Altantic) program. After several months, there wasn't much left for us to do.. We started to slack in Aug06. Many months later, we heard some news that were not so beneficial to us. We started to worry and imagine the worst, which got our Manager, Merlin's attention.

After much arrangement, Voon was tansferred to our walk-in office in Jun07, while me stayed back, praying for something good will come along.

It didn't take long.. :) Thank you Abba.

There was a Marketing Coordinator opening in the Hotel dept for Travelocity (our parent company and whose parent company is Sabre Holdings). My CFO wanted to hired someone in the open market to handle the job. Not only did Merlin offer my service :p , she sang praises about me to my CFO and to the Director of the Hotel Dept (my new angmoh boss). Without a screening, i was chosen.. :D

You must be puzzled how come there's no increment since i will be multi tasking soon.. Well, HR feels that since i'm not doing anything lately and with the additional positon, i will be 'balance' out, therefore there's no need for increment. But i will given the advantage of having another additional 20% added to my IPE (Individual Performance Evaluation) which will means a bigger bonus! *winking* I'm fine with whether is there an increment or not. After all, i haven't been doing much for so long and it's good to start getting busy and learn something new. At least i know that my rice bowl will be secured and i don't have to worry about my flat's instalment.

I'm scheduled for training next week. Things are going to change for the better! I will be busy handling Blue Holidays and Travelocity.

I WILL BE BUSY!! :D

Thank you Merlin!
Thank you Jessie!
Thank you Grant for giving me this opportunity!
Thank you Abba for loving me and leading me to this great opportunity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home