Saturday, October 18, 2008

Workcation

Workcation = Work + Vacation

I was in BKK last week from 05 - 13 October 2008 for work and vacation. I was there to train Wee, one of our new team member who joined us recently, and to take a short needed break.

While i was half way training Wee (my new colleague), the series of protests erupted again.. This time it was quite bad.. There were the police, protesters, tear gases and lemon bombs. 2 protesters were dead and hundreds were injured. It was really sad to see a protest leading to deaths and injuries.

But it was a different view from our side. I didn't witness the protest as we weren't even near the protest grounds. Everyone still goes to work. Everyone still goes out for meals and shopping. Life still goes on in BKK.. No protest is stopping the locals. It was the power of media that painted the pictures ugly... I know because i can read about the protests everyday on papers.

I am really blessed that the protests didn't get any worse during my visit there. I still do what i do in BKK; work, barramundi fishing, fabulous shopping, thai food, foot massages..

Nothing.. Not even the protest had got in my way. No matter what happens.. I still love Thailand. :)

Images of my trip, images and videos of our fishing trip are found in my Facebook profile. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger 07sept said...

glad that you had enjoyed the trip!
pls take care, though u r not near to the protest ground! :P

1:46 PM  
Blogger Me said...

i'm fine.. I have locals with me, so no worries. But because the protest had invaded the shopping areas, not sure how the situation is now.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home